PDA

View Full Version : Oil fill tube?

oo-gonzo
02-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Hey, in the middle of tearing down the top end of my 94 GT. I put on new valve covers and both have oil fill holes. One I plugged with a push on cap. My problem. I will need to buy the oil fill tube for one. My stock one is made into the valve cover. My father seems to think that I can use another plug cap, but what about the little stem sticking out of the stock one. You know, it has a rubber hose that comes off and runs to a small sensor. My Dad says it's no biggy, but I want to be sure. Any suggestions? I need it being right in the middle of this job. Thanks

CrimsonRacing
02-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Those covers must not be for an EFI application or the fill tube(tower) would be on the passenger side.

You can just plug both and remove it when you need to refill with oil.....

I had non efi covers on my '88 and found it would not be an easy process to have a tube installed or welded on.

:metal:

oo-gonzo
02-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Would a breather cap work? it looks like I could just plug the hose right on to the breather cap? How important is the hose that runs off to the sensor? Will it cause any performance problems?

QWKSNKE
02-08-2007, 05:15 PM
yes, with nearly all aftermarket covers you have to use a breather cap

Italian LX
02-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Just make sure you cap off the corresponing hole into the throttle body.

Hotrod
02-10-2007, 07:01 AM
The valve covers on our car are like that. Some one used a 90* elbow on the right valve cover and ran a hose up to the hole in the throttle body. I guess it works since we dont have a code for it.