PDA

View Full Version : UPR X-Pipe HELP

oo-gonzo
03-05-2007, 05:54 PM
I just took off my stock H-pipe today, getting ready to put on a UPR X-pipe. My problem is there are some differences in what the stock pipe has and what the x-pipe has. The x-pipe has the right O2 holes and fits exact onto the collector and cat back, but there is a small metal tube running from underneath the engine on my car. This tube fits together with a tube made into my stock pipe. What is this tube? My X-pipe does not have a place for this tube to connect. Also, the hanging system on the stock pipe has two metal rods made into the stock pipe. These are on the pipe near the H crossover. The rubber gromet type things slide onto these rods to secure the stock pipe. The X-pipe doesn't have these rods. Which makes me wonder how in the hell I am going to hang the X-pipe securly. I need suggestions on what to do with the small tube and on how to hang the pipes securely! Thanks!

oo-gonzo
03-05-2007, 06:00 PM
I just checked UPR's web site. The small tube is for the smog pump. They say that you can cap it off or purchase the smog eliminator kit. They also do not specify any hanger brackets or anything. Led to believe that you can just bolt it on and it will stay secure. What do you think?

Hotrod
03-05-2007, 06:20 PM
If its the tube I'm thinking of it for the smog system. If the UPR pipe is an off-road pipe then it shouldn't have it. The tube is there so the smog pump can push more air into the exhaust to push the gases through the cats. they are useless on an off-road pipe. Might as well delete the boat anchor pump.

Italian LX
03-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Led to believe that you can just bolt it on and it will stay secure. What do you think?
Yep, between the headers themselves and your hangers at the muffler, it shoudl be supported sufficiently.

QWKSNKE
03-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Yep, between the headers themselves and your hangers at the muffler, it shoudl be supported sufficiently.

+1 :yup:

oo-gonzo
03-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks! It'll be bolted on today!