PDA

View Full Version : the '94

CrimsonRacing
03-12-2007, 09:06 AM
well.............after lengthy discussion and ideas,I have found a paint shop.

Old high school friend of mine was in the paint and body business for 25 years,but has given it up as a main job.

He has however agreed to give the '94 some serious body tlc and make her shine.

For the moment(since FFW is on the way) we are gonna do my new hood and front clip first.

Then in a couple of months after I get the new wing,we will address the remainder of the car.

I am quite pleased with the deal he has offered and look forward to helping and learning a bit about body work and paint.

...........as a side note,I am permanetly removing the badges from the fenders for a smoother look.

:metal:

Craig K.
03-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Should look great Richard

QWKSNKE
03-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Should look great Richard

+1

Keep in contact with him, so he can cut me a good deal on painting the SVO some time in the future :D

CrimsonRacing
03-13-2007, 06:31 AM
Lee....I will certainly keep your request in mind......

Now days he does not have his own shop anymore,so he is gonna use a booth somewhere in Cullman,which is owned by a friend of his.......Guess I'll be making a few trips back and forth learning to sand and paint.

I'm real excited about having this done and look foward to seeing the finished car without badges.

I won't go into exact figures,but I will say painting of the entire car will be less that 2K........this also includes putting the car on the frame carousel and pulling the drivers side back into alignment,sanding,trimming of the new hood and removing all dents and dings...:banana:

Atleast the front will be clean and smoothe when I get to Commerce.........

Ponygirl
03-13-2007, 07:29 PM
:nice: Can't wait to see the car. It has already come a long way.

CrimsonRacing
03-14-2007, 10:10 AM
:nice: Can't wait to see the car. It has already come a long way.

I truly appreciate that comment.........:banana:

Nice when the Gals here take notice of hard work and patience........

Ya'll more than anyone know how far the '94 has come since I got it and I am very pleased with my progress(albeit slow)......

BUT........I am a patient man and in time I'll be done.

Italian LX
03-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Good to hear that it's coming along well for ya, Richard. :nice:

rtusnake
03-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Good to hear you will be getting in on all the work. You probably won't feel the same way about body work once you finish the car though

CrimsonRacing
03-15-2007, 03:56 PM
HAPPINESS IS UPON ME!!!!!!!

Meet Steven Saturday and get the hood..........mount it on the car and take to paint shop Sunday evening.........:banana:

Should be finished by Friday................

CrimsonRacing
03-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Complete change of plans now.......The hood has some siginificant damage that the painter said would not repair and paint out well,so I am just gonna keep the hood on for the time being and wait until the end of summer and have the entire car painted at one time(and purchase another hood).....I did not take into account that there is a possibility of a bit of color difference if I only piece paint the car right now,so the decision has been made to wait.

NO big deal..........Now I will have time to get all monies to paint the car at one time and it will look as I have desired.