PDA

View Full Version : K-Member comparison...

coupe
03-19-2007, 08:11 AM
I've heard people say that swapping K-members is not that big of a savings.

Well it is. Plus it looks alot better and there's room for piping to run under there now! :turbo:

SkurdalenFox
03-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Cool. What brand is that?

You didn't happen to weigh it did you?

Sendero
03-19-2007, 03:22 PM
"Drag racing" K-members are not meant for street duty.

No real relevance to this thread other than a warning to anyone who's considering a replacement on a daily driver.

Italian LX
03-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Cool. What brand is that?
QA-1 :yup:

coupe
03-19-2007, 03:47 PM
It's a QA1.

And here's a quote about the QA1 Kmember from another guy:

"had it in the car for about 5 years, just like a sore peter, cant beat'er!"
:lol:

I don't plan on driving it daily, but it will see the street. I went QA1 because Taylor (used to work at Walker Dynotune) had one on his 94GT. He drove that car from Bessemer to Trussville all the time and street raced the car too. The QA1 never had an issue. In fact, I have never heard of any issues with tubular K members on the street. :shrug:

With a bathroom scale...
Stock K-member and control arms: 75 pounds :nono:
QA1 K-member and stock control arms: 43 pounds
Difference: 32 pounds.

Crzypny
03-19-2007, 04:00 PM
It's a QA1.

"had it in the car for about 5 years, just like a sore peter, cant beat'er!"
:lol:

:doh:

Looks good Matt!

1sicklx
03-19-2007, 04:29 PM
In fact, I have never heard of any issues with tubular K members on the street. :shrug:

The only issues I've "heard of" with tubular drag oriented k-members were experienced under hard cornering :brian: .... however, if i was going to be doing in serious driving through the twisties I'd go with one with road race bracing in the first place.

Looks good Matt. :chug:

qkjuicedpony
03-19-2007, 05:08 PM
32 pounds of weight off the nose of the car is great.i have the upr stuff on mine too with the arms and a coil over kit.....thats the only way to go

Craig K.
03-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Looks good Matt, wish I could have gotten over there to give you a hand.

coupe
03-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Still ain't done Craig. :D The motor mounts are not cooperating and the factory-style control arms are needing some grinding in a couple spots and some hardware.

qkjuice, I have some coilovers, but not sure what to do with my stock-type strut to get the threaded sleeve over the tube. There's a retainer plate near the piston-end. Does this pry off? :shrug:

qkjuicedpony
03-20-2007, 05:03 AM
they pryed off of mine.