PDA

View Full Version : Pro-M update

fireguy50
04-01-2007, 02:02 AM
I've got some news that is more soap opera that tech. There is a new company starting up that is trying to exploit the old Pro-M name to gain customers. I do not know for a fact that they don't have the skills to produce quality products. But I do know they attack other companies to sell products, something I do not appreciate. Basically, I’m asking that you trust me and stay loyal to the PMAS products. If you see a thread on a forum in the future, don’t be afraid to straighten out the myths and lies. Ask good questions to determine the quality of the products; don’t jump on the band wagon trusting the old Pro-M name without getting the facts.

http://www.mass-floefi.com/massairmeters.htm
(Notice the attack at bottom)

I might post more information if needed; I don’t want to toss dirty laundry in your face.

QWKSNKE
04-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Did you know anybody that worked for the old Pro-M

fireguy50
04-01-2007, 10:30 AM
yes, he now owns / works at PMAS who has advanced the technology beyond the days of Pro-M.

druhma
04-03-2007, 09:10 AM
I read this post a little late but i purchased a mass air metere from the BrothersPerformance site made by Pro Mass Air Systems. That is the one to buy right?

QWKSNKE
04-03-2007, 10:39 AM
yes it is

fireguy50
04-03-2007, 11:55 AM
This is PMAS web site: http://www.massairsystems.com/

This is there biggest internet dealer: http://www.jdsperformance.com/
See the note under PMAS products:
Note: Professional Mass Air Sensors is not Pro-M. Pro-M went bankrupt, and Professional Mass Air Sensors purchased all the Pro-M inventory, flow benches, and equipment. One of the investors has left Professional Mass Air Systems, and decided to try to make his own sensors. He is using the old Pro-M name. We have been approached by them to sell their sensors. We have decided against this, as the PMAS sensors have been working better than Pro-M sensors ever did. Professional Mass Air Systems discontinued many of the Pro-M sensors. The Pro-M univer was a horrible sensor. They had a one out of five return rate. PMAS designed this Pro-Tube, and we have yet to have one returned! Anther example was the 80mm sensor. That has been discontinued for the much more accurate Velocity sensor. The Velocity sensor is 100% repeatable! PMAS is taking mass air sensors to a level never seen in the mass air sensor market! We sell sensor for the quality, not the name!

Italian LX
04-03-2007, 11:58 AM
I will add that I just bought a 95mm Velocity MAF from PMAS (through Anderson Ford) and I love it! :nice:

fireguy50
04-03-2007, 12:03 PM
I use the 95mm Velocity as well, it's a great meter!
I've seen the 95mm Velocity work on 200HP stockers, & 800RWHP 30PSI drag cars.
It's way better than the 90mm Lightning type meters.

1sicklx
09-24-2007, 03:55 PM
I will add that I just bought a 95mm Velocity MAF from PMAS (through Anderson Ford) and I love it! :nice:

Would you mind sharing how much this meter costs through AFM?

JDsPerformance has it for $315

Just wondering if one vendor has a better deal than the other.

coupe
09-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Jon...I think I might be able to get it a little cheaper. I'll check on it.

1sicklx
09-25-2007, 06:26 AM
:chug:

coupe
09-25-2007, 08:47 AM
PM sent on the price. ;) Let me know when you're ready to rock 'n roll!

Italian LX
09-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Would you mind sharing how much this meter costs through AFM?

JDsPerformance has it for $315

Just wondering if one vendor has a better deal than the other.
I'm pretty sure I paid that same price through AFM. :nice:

Also, I'm not sure if they all come with a filter, but make sure that one comes with it for that price.

1sicklx
09-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Also, I'm not sure if they all come with a filter, but make sure that one comes with it for that price.

That brings up a thought ... are replacement filters available for this meter (if they are meter specific items)?

Italian LX
09-25-2007, 02:03 PM
That brings up a thought ... are replacement filters available for this meter (if they are meter specific items)?
I haven't relplaced mine yet, but it's basically a 3-bolt conical filter. I'm guessing they would be readily available.

QWKSNKE
09-25-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm pretty sure I paid that same price through AFM. :nice:

All of the 80's and 95's come with a filter

coupe
09-25-2007, 08:21 PM
I got a decent hookup on those air-meters too guys. PM me if you're in the market. :nice:

1sicklx
11-07-2007, 11:36 AM
http://www.promracing.com/ourcompetition.htm

thoughts on this guys?

Italian LX
11-07-2007, 11:49 AM
So Pro-M is back in business? :think:

Does anyone else find the irony in this statement?

Let's begin with an introduction to a competitor's website. The following text was taken from their home page. It contains little factual content, and is an obvious attempt at the old philosophy "If you can't beat them, then bash them." We felt it was important to address this.

They make this claim against PMAS and then spend the rest of their webspace doing the same thing -- bashing PMAS. :rolleyes:

1sicklx
11-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Yeah both are guilty of it ... in the end it's the customer that suffers ... so much bs to wade through just to find a decent product.

1sicklx
11-07-2007, 12:03 PM
So Pro-M is back in business?

here was a Hardcore50 member's response to that question ...

Yea and I will still send my meter to Nick at Mass Air Systems, his calibration was 100x better than anything I received from Pro-M.