PDA

View Full Version : 94 GT Vs Cobra tunes

TT331FB
04-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Hi wise ones!

I'm comparing the tunes and what I see is the MAF is almost the same. The injectors are different, 19 vs 24 . The big difference is the injector offset vs voltage. It seems to me, this is how Ford matched the 24# injectors to the standard MAF used for both cars. I have seen published offset tables, for the 24# injectors and they were from the Cobra which are not typical due to the MAF not being calibrated for the injector size.

I don't see any big differences in the tune A/F tables except the Cobra tune is a little fatter and the GT tune has a little more timing. The Cobra tune uses the same number for high/low injector slope.

I'm thinking I will start with the GT tune and build from there. I don't see any advantages to using the Cobra tune.

I run a C&L, 73 MM with Orange tube, 24#. I'm thinking I will just ratio up the flow numbers for the stock MAF curve, new value = old *24/19 for a starting point. I see someone has posted a ProM flowed 73 MM 24# C&L but they didn't identify the cal tube that was used. C&L doesn't use the same tube for every 24# application.

Comments?

Thank,
Eric

QWKSNKE
04-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Interesting about the OEM MAF tables.

I figure timing would be the biggest difference between the 2 processors along with a possible speed limiter

86GT
04-08-2007, 12:08 AM
The timing tables and fuel tables may look close but make sure to look at the multipliers for each table. I believe they are different.