PDA

View Full Version : problem!!!!!!!!

97cobrasvt
04-07-2007, 08:25 AM
After removing the Lakewood traction bars I installed the tires they fit with no rubbing at all. I thought great! well I got up this morning to take a test drive and when I started the rear end is making all kind of racket like its falling apart. With the traction bars you could adjust the pinion angle alittle by the lower you mounted the lower control arm, is it posible that by putting the lower control arms in the stock location that it had changed the PA that much?? To the point you can not drive the car?? My wife was in the house and heard a racket out side when I took off in the car (it was the car's rear end roaring and squeling extremly bad) it's that bad. Whats up????
Thanks Steven

QWKSNKE
04-07-2007, 09:13 AM
What type of control arms are on the car?

97cobrasvt
04-07-2007, 09:38 AM
What type of control arms are on the car?

the lower control arm are lakewood but the upper I dont know but they are not stock. I got under the car and the drive shaft is scrubbing on my muffler(witch is tucked under the car very tightly) That probly is all the noise I was hearing but I ordered some adjustable upper control arms today to straighten it up (I hope) I was told that the uppers were probly ordered to match the lakewood traction bars that give you alittle adjusting on the pinion angle.I'm cutting it close for FFW again:banghead:

qkjuicedpony
04-07-2007, 10:06 AM
sounds like your rearend is not centered up.get those double adj uppers and get the pinion angle set and the rear centered up.

what lower arms are on the car?

97cobrasvt
04-07-2007, 10:19 AM
sounds like your rearend is not centered up.get those double adj uppers and get the pinion angle set and the rear centered up.

what lower arms are on the car?

Lakewood nonadjustable

qkjuicedpony
04-07-2007, 10:58 AM
get the double adjustables....ifyou are trailering your car to fun ford i will set the suspenion up there and get you going.