PDA

View Full Version : Running on a single stock O2 sensor via Tweecer

Brian-Mc
04-16-2007, 06:35 AM
I am running a single turbo and have been running the car off the primary stock O2 sensor (passenger side) and have had decent luck. Well the passenger O2 was being fed into the turbo header and then combined through the turbo and out the downpipe. The drivers side O2 sensor was located in the down pipe and made more sense for the primary O2 sensor should be moved to the down pipe. So I extended the passenger O2 plug over to the drivers side and left the drivers side unplugged and put a plug into the passenger side hole. My question is... with the O2 sensor not being plugged in..... am I going to have any issues? I noticed that the car is a bit richer than it was several months ago when it was last started. :( I know why let it sit for so long.. lol I had some exhaust parts to fix but it is all fixed and waiting on an oil change and fuel filter change before it gets put back on the ground. If anyone has any thoughts on the missing O2 sensor and causing any problems with the car even though the Tweecer has it programmed to read off the primary sensor and ignore the other one. I hope to get back into the tuning game and hope things keep getting better.

So how is the support been lately on the Tweecer?

QWKSNKE
04-16-2007, 07:46 AM
I would be curious to see if it was a little richer just because it had been so long since it was last started. Maybe the car needs to be run for a little while with the current setup

Brian-Mc
04-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Yes I am thinking the same thing... I am wondering how different the AF actually is before the turbo and after the turbo... Or if there is really any difference.

I could always use my NB output from the WB sensor I have to simulate it but not sure how well the EECs work from that... any experience on that?

gt90stang
04-17-2007, 01:40 PM
I did run off the NB output of my LM-1 for awhile, but sensor overheat caused it to go to limp mode. It was ok until the sensor went into overheat. The WB sensor needs to be several feet from the engine but before the cats.

Don