PDA

View Full Version : angle milling heads

waypastcrazy
04-30-2007, 07:29 PM
I am building a budgetmotor fresh 302 stock forged bottom end with a b303 cam. a freind of mine give me a fresh set of 72 302 heads he bought from power heads in california they are ported with double valve springs and 1.6 roller rockers. I have 2 intakes to choose from #1 is victor jr he has.# 2 is a rpm that i have. i will be running a 725 race demon carb i have. A heavy duty t5 tranny.and 410 gears in a 1990gt. anyway my question is this.what will i gain in performance if I angle mill the heads on this combo and how much would i need to do and not be to much and what would be cost. is it worth it?This is my first time dealing with angle milling 302 heads any help would be greatly appreciated thx

QWKSNKE
05-01-2007, 10:47 AM
I don't see where the gains would be significant

coupe
05-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Probably not worth anything on those...in fact, I'm not so sure those heads would be any better than some E7's with the "bump" ground off. :shrug: Certainly the GT40 would be better.

coupe
05-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Angle milling can help out flow, but it becomes an art when you have a well defined port shape and a cam that you have working with the displacement of the engine...it's more of a fine-tuning trick. No need on your setup...a budget 302 with a B-303 cam. :nice:

1Quik85GT
05-02-2007, 12:53 AM
In what you are trying to do, its not worth it.. If you were in a headsup N/A class with restrictions YES... Angle milling helps out more than you think, but like Coupe said, with those heads...not worth it. It changes the angle of the head and helps with head flow and you gain more compression without taking alot of meaet off the head . Another thing when you angle mill the head you have to do the intake too, so you get into a bunch of things that might be a waste of money. There is HP there..... In our class alot of angle milling goes on, but we dont have that done to our ultra rare 427 Ford heads..lol

waypastcrazy
05-02-2007, 03:23 PM
ok thx guys just wanting some good opinions. keeping it on the budget side not my keeper car.