PDA

View Full Version : Opinions

Mr.Slave
05-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I am putting my motor together and I am just curious on your input. I was going to assemble the motor myself with a friends help that has assembled motors before. I am interested in learning how to do this but should I just pay the 250 and have a machine shop assemble the short block? I can always assemble another motor later to learn. I'm just worried about screwing something up when I have so much money invested in this motor.

89five0Gt
05-11-2007, 12:01 PM
if you trust your friend and thinks he is knowledgeable on engines, go for it. you have to start somewhere. why not start now ? good luck :chug:

coupe
05-11-2007, 12:14 PM
It's pretty easy. Just need some measuring tools and a good step-by-step knowledge of how to do it. It's not difficult. Check bearing clearances, thrust, and ring setup. If these all check good, things are torqued down enough, and the motor spins relatively freely, it's probably fine. A little common sense goes alot further than some of the literature on it too. :nice:

Go for it! :metal:

SvoBrown
05-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Take a few hours and read about it. I built my first engine 5 years ago. Before then I didn't even know how they worked. Best thing I have ever done.
First thing is keep it clean.
Do it!

Mr.Slave
05-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Take a few hours and read about it. I built my first engine 5 years ago. Before then I didn't even know how they worked. Best thing I have ever done.
First thing is keep it clean.
Do it!

Wait a minitue, this is coming from a guy whos signature is "learning how to break things"! Haha, just kidding. Ok thanks guys I think im going to go for it. Im sure I'll be on here with a few questions along the way.

SvoBrown
05-11-2007, 07:51 PM
And if I can't break it someone did a very good job!

QWKSNKE
05-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Breaking things makes you gain knowledge. :D