PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous line question

Mr.Slave
05-14-2007, 12:47 PM
I had to cut the fitting off of the main steel braided line coming from the tank during the removal of the system off the other car. It was run through the frame for some reason and the fitting would just not go through the hole that the line was run through. Anyway, my question is: Can you have another fitting attached or is the line shot.

I have some pics but they probably won't help much.

Italian LX
05-14-2007, 02:01 PM
You can have a new fitting crimped on.

bill302
05-14-2007, 02:05 PM
you need to call some performance shops,machine shops and/or autoparts stores in your area and ask them about repairing high pressure nitrous hose, i believe you need a 6AN fitting that will crimp to the hose. one of the places above when you call them should be able to tell you the location of a shop close to you that can repair the hose and that sell the fittings, we have one in town and this is how i found them. it can be done but they have to be a special fitting crimped with a special tool.

SkurdalenFox
05-14-2007, 03:25 PM
I don't understand why Mr. Slave can't just tape and trim the hose, and then slip a new fitting on himself. What sort of fitting are you using Slave?

Blown 5.0
05-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Jegs or summit either one sales reusable fittings. I made all my nitrous lines.

slvrbullit
05-14-2007, 03:54 PM
PM me you name and address, I have a line that you can have. It was from the dry kit I had on my car and was toooooo small for the new kit.