PDA

View Full Version : Getting Down There

9seccobra
05-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Hope you all down south are not pissed at me for not making the trip to track day. The potential for weather kind of scared us away. The Arnold clan from St. Louis will try harder to make it down if you have a fall outing.

I thought I would give you an update on the car. I ran a best of 9.59 @ 142.2 about 3 weeks ago. Last Friday, I ran a best mph of 143.4, which is just plain fast. That pass, the slicks were gone and I ran a 9.63 with a 1.44 60-ft, leaving at 8,000 of course :metal: , a full tenth off in the 60. After about 12 passes, the 60 foots go away. Sheesh! I figure she has a 9.40 in her. I changed out the slicks this weekend and will be locked and loaded for this Wednesday.

ChipR4cam
05-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Good lawd man.:huh:

Be glad you didn't come. The air was terrible, and no matter how hard they tried the track just wouldn't hook.:yup:

QWKSNKE
05-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Good lawd man.:huh:

Be glad you didn't come. The air was terrible, and no matter how hard they tried the track just wouldn't hook.:yup:

+1

Unless we don't get enough people, there will be a fall track day. :nice:

99LS1
05-21-2007, 08:06 PM
MMP on a muscle car track day wouldn't hook, yet an import event at steele and the track was hooking very well. :think: :think:

Of all the cars I saw run at the event, only one moron would drive straight through the waterbox, a guy white gt (maybe cobra, 01 or 02) mustang on skreet tires :rofl: Definately twilight zone material.

9seccobra
05-21-2007, 09:23 PM
I have 6 new ones on my site for those interested. The link to that 143.4 pass is http://www.the-arnolds.net/Cobra/gir-may18-2007-5.wmv

Car went 'slightly left' on launch, but I didn't lift (it was the last run of the night).

QWKSNKE
05-22-2007, 06:11 AM
MMP on a muscle car track day wouldn't hook, yet an import event at steele and the track was hooking very well. :think: :think:

LOL. It wasn't near as hot and humid at import day as it was at the SS track day

99LS1
05-22-2007, 01:09 PM
I was autox'ing the day of the MMP event. Not the most pleasant day to be outside that's for sure.

1Quik85GT
05-23-2007, 07:25 AM
LOL. It wasn't near as hot and humid at import day as it was at the SS track day

Wrong buddy lol...I had my weather station with me, it was between 3500-4500ft above sea level the whole day. The humidity was as dry as crap, and the temp was in the low 90s. Honestly Lee, its one of the worse days I can ever remember air quality wise in all the years I have been racing there. But is funny how most of you guys complain about steele not hooking...lol and MMP usually does. It goes to show ya, any track can hook hard or be an ice rink on any day.

QWKSNKE
05-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Wrong buddy lol...I had my weather station with me, it was between 3500-4500ft above sea level the whole day. The humidity was as dry as crap, and the temp was in the low 90s. Honestly Lee, its one of the worse days I can ever remember air quality wise in all the years I have been racing there. But is funny how most of you guys complain about steele not hooking...lol and MMP usually does. It goes to show ya, any track can hook hard or be an ice rink on any day.

That's wild that it was that humid there and no where close to being humid at my house (30 minutes away) and in the low 80's.

You are right though a track can hook or be an ice rink depending on weather. The biggest problem I have with steele is that I have never seen them attempt to prep the track when I have been there or the fact that I have to get out and put my own water in the water box. There is only a couple of times that I have cut better than a 1.75 60' at Steele whereas MMP I have several 1.6 60's, regardless of weather or time of year at either place.

Just my experience. Maybe I have just picked unlucky days to go up there for the last 8-9years