PDA

View Full Version : ? on brakes for the 03cobra.

NO2MORO
02-13-2005, 03:41 PM
It is time for me to replace my brakes, the tech at Ford said that I will need new rear rotors when I change them out. So I have been looking into the slotted and crossed drilled rotors for my car. Ford racing only makes the front rotors and I was looking at the powerslot for the rear. On my car will the holes and slots help any or should I just go with the factory rotors and save so money?

Sendero
02-13-2005, 04:47 PM
NO POWERSLOTS!

Baer Eradispeed rotors for the front with Performance Friction Z-rated (from Auto Zone)
Stock Ford for the rear with Hawk HPS for the rear.

Ford HP DOT3 Brake Fluid

This is the setup on my car, and it stops like I dropped anchor!

Craig K.
02-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Unless your balls out racing on a high turn count short track, then I don't think I would waste the money on upgrading your rear rotors.

Like Nathan said, try out the PF Z-rated front pads, I have several friends that ran these in track touring and they do pretty good, there and on the street.

I personnely don't have any preferance on rear pads, I run some cheap ones on my '85, but I also run almost all front brake where I have very good pads.

I have seen somewhere that you can buy the same pad as what was on the 2000 R for the rears.

svopaul
02-14-2005, 10:10 AM
I've got good used rear rotors and new cross drilled ones. My preference on pads is no secret....but whatever you choose make sure you get a pad that is not made up of materials harder than the rotor surface. ;)