PDA

View Full Version : 2 different A/C problems!

oo-gonzo
06-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Hey Guy's, I have two different vehicles with a/c problems.Wondering if you guy's could help? 1st-2005 Dodge grand caravan rear air blows cold and strong, but front air doesn't blow at all. Every now and then at high RPM's you can feel a little cold air coming out of the front vents. No strang noises or any other problems are involved in this vehicle.
2nd- 1994 GT. turning on the a/c it blows nice and strong, but not cold. tried adding coolant, but gauge shows a high coolant level. I tried to squeeze some coolant in, but it will not take it. The clutch isn't turning nor does the fan come on when a/c is wide open. I'm thinking that the cycling switch may be bad, but don't know how to check it. What do you think! The stang is killing me. Black car w/ black leather, Dang it's hot!!!

04 Mach1
06-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Caravan is proablly going to be something in the fan blower control(poss. switch) but i belaive they are intergrated with the whole havc controler.

Mustang check all fuses and the a/c relay. If you take a paper clip and jump the low side switch it should kick the compresser on along with the fan.

SkurdalenFox
06-18-2007, 07:07 PM
This should help you figure out where/what you need to test on the Mustang.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/skurdalen/94AC2.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/skurdalen/94AC.jpg

oo-gonzo
06-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Wow! That is nice man! I realy appriciate it! Got the caravan checked out today. It is a bad resistor for the front blower motor. Cost me 414.95 + tax at the dodge dealership. Easy plug up right behind the glove box. Very happy with that! I will give it a try on the stang, Thanks!

oo-gonzo
06-19-2007, 10:17 PM
That's $14.95 on the resister! My bad, Type-o

ujslost
06-27-2007, 10:44 PM
I was gonna say resistor when i read the first post. but looks like i was to late, glad you got it fixed though.

on the stang jump that low pressure switch like mentioned. but sounds like a pressure switch or bad compressor. do you have gauges for A/C work? they will tell you alot.

oo-gonzo
07-03-2007, 12:20 PM
No, I do not have any guages for A/C work. All fuses were checked and good. I haven't tried jumping it yet, I think I will let an experienced person do that. I'm so tired off melting in the car that I am going to put in the shop to get fixed, whatever the cost! It's redicuosly hot these day's!lol

Craig K.
07-08-2007, 07:11 PM
any updates on thi, I have a similiar problem I am starting to work on, on my '95

oo-gonzo
07-09-2007, 08:15 AM
I am going to try to take to the shop today and see what they can do with it!

oo-gonzo
07-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Took it in to the shop today. Steve put all the instruments and gadgets to work on it. found out that it was just a bad wire. Ran a new wire and now have cold air. Yiiiiiiiiiipeee! No more sweaty leather seats! Man I forgot how nice it is to have A/C in the summer time! Oh, and it didn't cost a thing for the fix! Here's another YiiiiiiiiiiiiiPeeeeeee!

Craig K.
07-09-2007, 05:22 PM
which wire was bad?

oo-gonzo
07-10-2007, 10:01 AM
A wire running from the harness that clips into the regulator switch on the passenger side, I believe. hard to explain, I would be able to show you, but I don't have enough knowledge of what everything is called to explain it correctly.