PDA

View Full Version : First track times!

rj95svt
07-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Well I finally got to make some good passes in my 95 cobra last night! I have just got a set of 3.73's installed last week in my car I also went ahead and rebuilt the factory traction lock. Well my first pass I managed to get a 2.12 60 ft. (on street radials) and ran a 9.12 at 78.5 mph but I was a little too conservative on my launch. After a few more passes managed to run a 9.07at 77.8 mph with a 2.03 60ft. There is a little more left in it as I managed to get a 1.98 60ft. one pass but had some difficulties down track. I think I'll be able to bust off a high 8.90 pass with just the right launch and shifts. I know that probably don't look like very good times for a cobra with my mods (mods in sig) but my stock engine is very unhealthy as it's smoking and has some bearing rattle. This is a situation which I am about to remedy pretty soon as I've got a 88 gt shortblock that I'm going to refresh and put a small cam in it. I am also thinking about having the lower intake ported while I'm there. What do you guys think about these times and my plan?

97cobrasvt
07-22-2007, 09:22 PM
not bad for a stock motor on radials

QWKSNKE
07-23-2007, 08:06 AM
not bad for a stock motor on radials

+1. Throw some sticky tires on it before you yank the motor

rj95svt
07-23-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm afraid the motor will let go!! I'm begining to get scared of blowing up the stock motor! It's already using a quart of oil a week and I only drive it on weekends not to mention the vibration at higher rpms. The bad thing is the car only has 68,000 miles on it. I can't understand why the motor is in such bad shape. I've only had the car for 7 months. It did sit for two years without even being cranked though due to a bad engine wiring harness.

CrazyInBlack
07-23-2007, 01:23 PM
damn I wish my car could make it to the track :(

I am getting close to towing it to Coupe's house and saying "make it work" - here is a briefcase of money :banghead:

that is a lot of oil loss, something is not right

rj95svt
07-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah something is deffinatly not right that is for sure. I'm starting to feel like I'm driving a ticking time bomb and one of these days it's gonna go BOOM!!!!