PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous Timing Question...

88 Sleeper Coupe
07-31-2007, 08:21 AM
Alright guys... i've decided that I don't mind chancing blowing up this motor since I have an extra forged block at my shop.

I was gonna get your guys input on the best timing to adjust and maybe a part number on a colder or two-step colder spark plug. I'm looking at running a 100 shot and I have all the components to do a wet fogger kit into the throttle body.

Any input would be great.. i've had all my solenoids and lines ran sitting in my motor bay for like 4 months and just never bothers to hook it up...was too busy trying to achieve all-motor goals.

QWKSNKE
07-31-2007, 10:49 AM
What is your timing set to now? Since you don't have your mods in a signature, what is your motor combo.

Typical timing retard on a 100 shot is either no change or -2 degrees from what you have now

Italian LX
07-31-2007, 10:49 AM
I was gonna get your guys input on the best timing to adjust. . . I'm looking at running a 100 shot and I have all the components to do a wet fogger kit into the throttle body.
You'll probably be safe with stock timing if you're only using a 100-shot. If you want to be safe, back it down a degree or two, but I wouldn't go anymore than that.

. . . a part number on a colder or two-step colder spark plug.
What plugs do you prefer to run on your motor now and what kind of heads are you running?

88 Sleeper Coupe
07-31-2007, 11:21 AM
Stock heads with comp valve springs...looks like its just using autolites now.. has a bored block and a bcam... nothing else really then that.. i mean long tubes... msd cap and wires stock intake etc... so stock timing should be okay? anyone know right off on a list anywhere the jets fuel/nitrous for a 100? I used to have a chart but dunno what happened to it.

QWKSNKE
07-31-2007, 12:02 PM
What brand are the solenoids

slvrbullit
07-31-2007, 12:48 PM
One step colder plug for a stock head would be Autolite 23. They can be found at walmart in a two pack for the price of what one would cost at an auto parts store.

88 Sleeper Coupe
07-31-2007, 12:53 PM
What brand are the solenoids

All NOS solenoids... venom bottle all NOS lines... I'd like to go throttle switch I just need a home-depot bracket or something I already have a switch.. I need a relay and some wiring.. thats all.

QWKSNKE
07-31-2007, 12:57 PM
use NOS charts. Each nitrous manufacturer has different jetting sizes per shot than other manufacturers