PDA

View Full Version : Spec clutch and aluminum flywheel.. 04 SVT Focus

QWKSNKE
08-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Donated the Focus to Spec last weekend for them to check out a new clutch and flywheel setup since one of their detail parts suppliers had quit producing a key component. Got the car back Friday nite and finally drove it around yesterday.

Pedal effort is increased over stock but not bad. Aluminum flywheel seems to let the little engine go through the rpms a lot faster.
Pedal travel is a LOT different compared to the stock setup (the Spec setup seems a lot shorter) but not bad once you get used to it.

coupe
08-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Whew! Glad you like it. It has a little shake at first, but that is because you need to rev the aluminum flywheel up a little more. It will smooth out with more street miles.

I liked the feel too, once I was used to it. It has a perfect engagement poinit and quick-shifts are effortless. Keep me up to speed on everything!

QWKSNKE
08-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Yeah when I first got in it yesterday I had a hard time driving it. Shelly hasn't driven it yet because she broke one of her toes Saturday morning. Since the cobra has an easier clutch she is driving it

yellowSVT
08-06-2007, 03:53 PM
takes some getting use to i got the spec 3+

Ponygirl
08-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Coupe,

I hear you like my factory stereo in the Focus.

tacbear
08-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Time to bring that Bad Boy over to BAMA, so Alex can race you!!:jester:

Ponygirl
08-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Time to bring that Bad Boy over to BAMA, so Alex can race you!!:jester:

I can probably go faster on foot :D Lee said he will bring it down in a couple of weeks.

QWKSNKE
08-06-2007, 08:21 PM
yeah Whit. Shelly and I will get down there to ya'll's home track. I'll go ahead and the 93 put on the rollers and tune the nitrous kit within the next week or so. We'll line up the foci too

tacbear
08-06-2007, 08:25 PM
yeah Whit. Shelly and I will get down there to ya'll's home track. I'll go ahead and the 93 put on the rollers and tune the nitrous kit within the next week or so. We'll line up the foci too

:metal:

coupe
08-06-2007, 09:46 PM
That stereo is unbelievable. I would've bet money that it had been done professionally.

Definitely a thumbs-up! :nice:

QWKSNKE
08-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Matt,
What 'stage' would this clutch be considered?

coupe
08-07-2007, 07:56 AM
It is a stage 1, organic lining disk.

97cobrasvt
08-07-2007, 02:02 PM

Let every one know when you are going to bama there are more of us up here that will ride over to race with ya.

Jables
08-07-2007, 08:57 PM
I never drove it when it was still stock but i thought it was a pretty nice feel once i got behind the wheel. Like you said the pedal effort felt a little quick but it was certainly i nice feel.

Oh and the stereo.....super nice.....:metal:

Ponygirl
08-07-2007, 09:20 PM
I never drove it when it was still stock but i thought it was a pretty nice feel once i got behind the wheel. Like you said the pedal effort felt a little quick but it was certainly i nice feel.

Oh and the stereo.....super nice.....:metal:

I can't wait to drive it once my broken toe heals. I love the stereo. Wish Ford had done that in my vert. :metal: