StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Tweecer (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   A9L and A9M differences...please help (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=6475)

Sevenup90 06-05-2006 08:32 PM

A9L and A9M differences...please help

Just picked up the tweecer and I have begun to fart around with making subtle changes to a basically stock motor until I am proficient enough to melt an expensive one! My quest for understanding lies in Caledit between the A9L processor strategy (logical and easy to understand), and the A9M strategy which I currently have.(what the fuh were the drivetrain engineers at Ford thinking!). Why is there such a big difference between the numbers? Why is the cid scalar 1.12-something in the A9M? Why do I have 2040 cylinders? why,Why, WHY PEOPLE! :baby:

Italian LX 06-05-2006 08:54 PM

Re: A9L and A9M differences...please help

The two processors use different memory locations; therefore, you must choose the correct strategy in CalEdit.

Select A9M in the lower pull-down menu and you will be able to see the correct readings.

Dale McPeters 06-06-2006 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italian LX
The two processors use different memory locations; therefore, you must choose the correct strategy in CalEdit.

Select A9M in the lower pull-down menu and you will be able to see the correct readings.

Correct...;)

Sevenup90 06-25-2006 03:02 PM

Thanks for the reply guys,
Was comparing the info for the A9L calibration that comes pre loaded in caledit to the calibration under the A9M pulldown tab, and was noticing that the two sets of numbers were radically different. I was also reading in the "getting started" manual that the software at some point stops attempting "to read the EEC catch code or strategy" and says that reading the eec will be covered later (which it never is). What is the correct way of getting the stock calibration from the EEC to my computer, assuming all of the correct connections have been made, and everything is functioning normally. Maybe I am missing something (followed the directions to the tee), or maybe I am insane (Doctor just let me back around sharp objects again, have you ever tried cutting a steak with a fork?)
I already tried doing a "read EEC" with the ignition in the run position (engine off) and the numbers don't change in caledit. Does the binary get automatically stored in a separate file that needs to be brought to the foreground? I really appreciate the help in advance. Thanks!

vristang 06-25-2006 06:39 PM

So you did figure out that in order to view the A9M .ccf/.bin file you need to select the A9M strategy in the drop down box at the bottom of CalEdit. And to view the A9L .ccf/.bin you need to select the A9L strategy.
Just want to make sure you have a handle on that first.

When you hit the "Read EEC" button you will see in the lower left hand corner of CalEdit a progress window will scroll, which indicates that the read is being performed correctly. When the read is complete you should see a new file name at the top windows bar of CalEdit. You will then need to perform a save on the new file.
If you already were viewing a stock A9L file in CalEdit when you performed a Read, then the numbers will not change after reading an A9L.

Hope this can clear things up for you.

jason

Sevenup90 06-25-2006 09:23 PM

Thanks jason...I'll try that as soon as I get a chance. I'm on a real learning curve here. I can relate to your Avatar, got a chuckle out of that!

vristang 06-25-2006 11:54 PM

The avatar is actually a self portrait. :chug:

I hear ya' on the learning curve.

One day it will all of a sudden click though.

:banana: