StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8) (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   ATTN: Anyone with MSD-type RPM Modules (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=4141)

Italian LX 11-08-2005 10:11 PM

ATTN: Anyone with MSD-type RPM Modules

I've looked all over on the web and can't seem to find a cross-reference for the resistance value of each RPM module.

I have the 3000 series and a couple of the 6000 series and was able to measure the resistance with an ohm meter, but I need to know all the other series resistances.

What I have found is that it seems like the values are linear within a particular series (ie. the 3000 sries are all seperated by 160ohms); however, it doesn't appear that they are linear across the entire range. The modules I have go from 1890ohms (3000rpm) to 2530ohms (3800rpm), but the 6000rpm module measures 4570ohms which doesn't graph out linearly.

The bottom line is, if you have any RPM modules and access to an ohm meter, I would realy appreciate feedback as to what the resistance value is for each of the ones you have.

Thanks.

96GTS 11-08-2005 10:16 PM

Re: ATTN: Anyone with MSD-type RPM Modules

Just buy the pill packs cheap ass :shake:

QWKSNKE 11-09-2005 02:56 AM

:lol:

QWKSNKE 11-09-2005 02:57 AM

Brian. I still have that pack for the 6AL at the house

Italian LX 11-09-2005 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96GTS
Just buy the pill packs cheap ass :shake:

That's my problem.... I don't want to have to worry about a bunch of pills at the track and I'd rather not spend $150 on an adjustable 3-step that I could easily make my own. :P

Wickd GT 11-09-2005 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italian LX
That's my problem.... I don't want to have to worry about a bunch of pills at the track and I'd rather not spend $150 on an adjustable 3-step that I could easily make my own. :P

Damn Brian, get the didgital box I have 4 adjustable, the only thing you do is move it to the degrees you want it to retard, don have to worry about chips at all. Remember this, you do it yourself, it might work fine, but when you don't expect it, the damn thing does not work and you have melt down half the track, hum.... Stop been so cheap, BITCH!!!

;) Edgar

Italian LX 11-09-2005 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickd GT
Remember this, you do it yourself, it might work fine, but when you don't expect it, the damn thing does not work and you have melt down half the track, hum.... Stop been so cheap, BITCH!!!

I will still be using the pills for my over-rev and burnout limiter, but I want an adjustable for my launch limiter (just like an MSD 8735). The only thing a 3-step box does is selects which of three resistor values goes to the MSD rev limiter depending on two inputs. There's nothing there that would cause melt down at half track. :P

. . . well, no more than anything else I have done on my car. :D

ChipR4cam 11-09-2005 10:38 PM

:lol: at all of y'all.

Italian LX 11-10-2005 02:26 PM

So, no one has access to any RPM modules and an ohm meter? :shrug:

Lee was able to hook me up with the 6000 series; I'd like to get the info on the 4000 and 5000 series. Even if you only have 1 or 2 from that range it would help.

slvrbullit 11-10-2005 02:57 PM

I have some but they are the 6000 series.