StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4) (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Engine Swappers Please Look Here (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=9634)

KJ Jones 06-27-2007 02:49 PM

Engine Swappers Please Look Here

What's up, guys?

I'd looking for info on some of the "major" things (parts, theory, etc) that go into/are required for pulling off some of the engine swaps we're seeing more and more of these days. Where did you find parts? What must be custom made for a particular swap? How much did swap cost?

If you have successfully done any of these swaps, please help me out and send an e-mail to kaje5ohh@aol.com and let me know some of the key things that had to be done to the car (K-member/motor mounts/chassis/suspension/etc), engine (intake/air inlet/exhaust/oil pan/fuel system/power-adder/etc), wiring (harness/pcm type/tuning), whatever.

I'm also looking for detailed photos of completed engine swaps and/or the parts and process. Please e-mail ASAP if you can offer any insights and images. Kaje5ohh@aol.com.

4.6 in a Fox

351 in a Fox

351 in a '94-'95

4.6 in a '94-'95

5.4 in a Fox/SN-95 or New Edge (why is "Navigator" engine the preferred 5.4?)

5.4 or 302/351 in an '05-'07

Thanks for your help.

KJ Jones 06-27-2007 02:49 PM

Engine Swappers Please Look Here

What's up, guys?

I'd looking for info on some of the "major" things (parts, theory, etc) that go into/are required for pulling off some of the engine swaps we're seeing more and more of these days. Where did you find parts? What must be custom made for a particular swap? How much did swap cost?

If you have successfully done any of these swaps, please help me out and send an e-mail to kaje5ohh@aol.com and let me know some of the key things that had to be done to the car (K-member/motor mounts/chassis/suspension/etc), engine (intake/air inlet/exhaust/oil pan/fuel system/power-adder/etc), wiring (harness/pcm type/tuning), whatever.

I'm also looking for detailed photos of completed engine swaps and/or the parts and process. Please e-mail ASAP if you can offer any insights and images. Kaje5ohh@aol.com.

4.6 in a Fox

351 in a Fox

351 in a '94-'95

4.6 in a '94-'95

5.4 in a Fox/SN-95 or New Edge (why is "Navigator" engine the preferred 5.4?)

5.4 or 302/351 in an '05-'07

Thanks for your help.

coupe 06-27-2007 03:00 PM

I already sent links to Brians 418 into a fox and Myillwills 5.4 swap.

coupe 06-27-2007 03:00 PM

rtusnake 06-27-2007 03:03 PM

I plan on doing a 4.6 swap into a fox sometime this year and still have some research to do on it. They make a kmember that bolts in a fox and accepts the 4.6 engine. The biggest part of it would be the wiring. You would just have to pull a manual out and trace your wires. The navigator motor is a 5.4 dohc motor most of the time, thats why its preferred.

Craig K. 06-27-2007 03:31 PM

here is another 5.4 swap another member is doing

http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=8620

SkurdalenFox 06-27-2007 03:46 PM

Why do you want this information?

EDIT - Ah, I see who you are...

KJ Jones 06-27-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkurdalenFox (Post 123003)
Why do you want this information?

EDIT - Ah, I see who you are...

Who I am doesn't/shouldn't make an ounce of difference. Information is good. Knowledge is power! Muuuuwwwwwwaaaaahhahahahahahahahah!

Seems like this is the place to be for finding guys who know a bit about the stuff I've asked about. Now, if some of you guys step up and put some notes and pics together in an e-mail for me...

I'm just on a fact-finding mission, dude. Tryin' to find out the fact from the guys who should know 'em. Those who have done the stuff. I haven't done all of it...yet! LOL

KJ Jones 06-27-2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coupe (Post 122985)

Great threads. Now I just need those cats to hit me with e-mails.

Sendero 06-27-2007 05:05 PM

Let's keep the confusion down by merging these two threads. :nice:

Plus, it's easier on the search engine! :jester: