StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4) (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   header install (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=11466)

01silver freak 03-16-2008 06:47 PM

header install

is there a shop(s) in oxford/anniston that installs headers cause all the mod motor header installs ive heard are a pain to do..

97cobrasvt 03-16-2008 09:36 PM

They can be tuff but you can do it. Just take your time and pay attention and it should be fine..

01silver freak 03-16-2008 10:59 PM

it will be a first time header install im probably goin to need some sort of impact and i dont have one....one of the reasons i was lookin for a shop

rtusnake 03-16-2008 11:11 PM

I believe Lee and Brian would do it, DSP. I would offer to but I don't have any free garage space at the moment. What kind of headers are they?

01silver freak 03-16-2008 11:16 PM

as much as i wanted the bassani from rpmoutlet.com... i went with flowtech from latemodelrestoration.com since they are from holly and thought they were priced pretty good only problem is they havent came in yet and its been like 2 months back-order they say... i can only be patient

Italian LX 03-17-2008 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtusnake (Post 145321)
I believe Lee and Brian would do it, DSP...

I don't think anyone could afford our mod-motor work labor prices. :rofl:

Besides, I think we are getting out of the "working on other people's cars" for a little. We both have a lot going on right now with not much free time.

I'll still rebuild T-5's, but that's about it for now.

mrmustangconvert 03-17-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italian LX (Post 145326)

Besides, I think we are getting out of the "working on other people's cars" for a little. We both have a lot going on right now with not much free time.

by any chance can you set my input shaft on a 3650. its not shifting right. plus i will take the trans out myself.

just thought i would throw that out there.

rtusnake 03-17-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01silver freak (Post 145322)
as much as i wanted the bassani from rpmoutlet.com... i went with flowtech from latemodelrestoration.com since they are from holly and thought they were priced pretty good only problem is they havent came in yet and its been like 2 months back-order they say... i can only be patient

If I get my car back together and you still haven't got the headers I could install them

QWKSNKE 03-17-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italian LX (Post 145326)

+1

If they are shorty's the mod motor headers are not that bad. No you cannot use an impact. You will have to do the install from underneath the car and you will need some swivel type sockets to get to some of the bolts

04 Mach 1 might be interested in doing it for you. He is located in J'ville and off of 431 between Saks-Alexandria

04 Mach1 03-17-2008 08:41 PM

Same as rutsnake. My car is in peices it would proably be after FFW before I get to it.