StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   2.3 Tech (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   tranny mount (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=12638)

b-blown 09-01-2008 03:19 PM

tranny mount

will the prothane mounts work with our transmissions ...they only list 5.o`s so am not sure

86GTPONY 09-01-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-blown (Post 159862)
will the prothane mounts work with our transmissions ...they only list 5.o`s so am not sure

If you're running a t-5 it should bolt in with minimal b.s. - I just installed one this morning and I had to open up the slots a little in the crossmember with a dremmel. The factor rubber mount has two studs coming out of it, whereas the prothane mount should have bolt holes. The bolts that are used with the prothane mount are slightly larger. Hope this helps.

b-blown 09-01-2008 07:18 PM

thats good since i already got the mount ,,,thanks

b-blown 09-01-2008 07:20 PM

and by the way 86 the parts are comin together nicely ...and bought a parts car so i won`t be needing youur wifes....lol

86GTPONY 09-01-2008 08:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-blown (Post 159884)
and by the way 86 the parts are comin together nicely ...and bought a parts car so i won`t be needing youur wifes....lol

Hahaha! Dude - I'm still trying to get out to Alabama! I was gonna go out there again in a couple weeks to stay, but my wife's mom got sick. I got my t-5 swapped this morning and polished my new aluminum pulleys. Check it out -

SvoBrown 09-02-2008 03:46 AM

Nice setup. I want the alt on the side like that. Got to many pipes in the way!
THere are a couple of tranny mounts so look close for the right one. I have the one off the 88 TC on the svo now. THe 84 was in bad condition.

b-blown 09-02-2008 06:55 PM

I`ve got the prothane one it looks real close...now all i need is motor mounts ,,,,hmmmmm

b-blown 09-02-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86GTPONY (Post 159892)
Hahaha! Dude - I'm still trying to get out to Alabama! I was gonna go out there again in a couple weeks to stay, but my wife's mom got sick. I got my t-5 swapped this morning and polished my new aluminum pulleys. Check it out -

lookin good dude i`m gonna look at pulleys down the road i want it to look all shiny aswell

86GTPONY 09-02-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-blown (Post 159955)
I`ve got the prothane one it looks real close...now all i need is motor mounts ,,,,hmmmmm

I have yet to see any performance motor mounts for a 2.3, but then again, I haven't looked real hard. OEM's should work just fine for a n/a 2.3, though. If I can make a recommendation - while you have the crossmember out, replace the bushings. Energy or Prothane makes a set for about $20. Between those and the Prothane trans mount, you'll notice a lot less "sway" from the shifter from acceleration/decelleration.

86GTPONY 09-02-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-blown (Post 159957)
lookin good dude i`m gonna look at pulleys down the road i want it to look all shiny aswell

I'm still waiting on the March power steering pulley to come. I'll polish that too. Sad thing is I spent more $ on the power steering pulley than I did for the rest lol! Polishing is tedious work, but if you're on a budget, it's a great way to add some shine!