StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4) (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   *Steering Wheel Quest. Help* (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=11347)

*MustangGT/25YRS* 03-01-2008 09:15 AM

*Steering Wheel Quest. Help*

Good Mornin' Members/
I did a search on Steering Column Swap...but did not find anything/:(.I know someone here knows.
Ok...I want to put a *Newer* [1994-2004] steering column & wheel in my '89/GT,W/5-speed.
A seller on E/Bay has a couple of them and told me he has sold to '87~'93 Fox owners,so he said they must fit.
His wheels also have the *Tilt* function/=O].He has 2/left,and the one I seen was from a "Theft" Stang,and is not damaged.
But...I don't want to do it if it entails fabbing/relocating/welding/etc. to use the column.
So my Southern friends...would this work in my Stang,as I trust your knowledge/=O].
Thank You to all who can help.Have a Nice Day.
Kind Regards/
Raymond

militarymustang88gt 03-01-2008 11:14 AM

if you were to do the sn-95 dash swap i think it would bolt in but if not then i am sure some type of fabbing is needed like cutting the steering column holders that bolt it to the underside of the dash and putting it on your new steering column and so forth.

*MustangGT/25YRS* 03-01-2008 12:03 PM

Hello/
I have a Black Dash I've had for awhile['90~'93].I don't know which year,'cause it wasn't stated,in auction.
I want to use the Dash,and was hoping I wouldn't have to cut/etc. to Install a newer colomn.
I'd also like to use the newer column trim so it looks nice.So the Black dash I have wouldn't allow for that newer column,is what you're saying?
Best Regards/
Raymond

*MustangGT/25YRS* 03-01-2008 06:31 PM

I know what you mean about the Under Dash column brackets...Any other opinions?.
Thank You.
Regards/
Raymond

ncontt 03-01-2008 11:21 PM

raymond, are you just wanting the tilt feature? :shrug:

QWKSNKE 03-02-2008 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by militarymustang88gt (Post 143704)
if you were to do the sn-95 dash swap i think it would bolt in but if not then i am sure some type of fabbing is needed like cutting the steering column holders that bolt it to the underside of the dash and putting it on your new steering column and so forth.

I agree

*MustangGT/25YRS* 03-02-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncontt (Post 143733)
raymond, are you just wanting the tilt feature? :shrug:

******************^^^^^^*****************
Not just the Tilt feature,but easier to install a Newer type of leather Ford wheel.And I could install the newer Column trim[Black] so it would look correct.
If I was a good welder or Fab person[don't know either/=O( ]I would try it,but if things have to be cut/etc. to make it fit,than that's out.
I would look for a newer style[4/spoke]leather wheel and column trim for my column,and hope that it would work/:pray: .Maybe I'm lookin' at things that can't be done...like always.:rolleyes:
I appreciate everyone's reply.
Kind Regards/
Raymond
Raymond