StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4) (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   06 Gt Upgrades (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=10699)

waypastcrazy 11-23-2007 11:08 AM

06 Gt Upgrades

Ok time for upgrades fact warranty gone and wife has given the ok ha! ha!. First what muffler is going to give best bang for the buck et horsepower etc? also which gear will give best et with 18 inch wheels and tires? car has the 5r55s auto trans in it. also what would be underdrive pulley gain in ets? What would be the best cold air kit to run with nitrous?thx

CrazyInBlack 11-23-2007 01:59 PM

I would say no real gains from the mufflers unless you do a whole catback and even then it will be negligible. I would say x pipe first. 4.10 or 3.73 gears, depending on how you drive. I would do the underdrives with a timing mod if they made them for the 3v. skip the cold air

qkjuicedpony 11-23-2007 02:30 PM

go with 4.10's or 4.30's trust me

and a mac axle back exhaust,get pulleys and a cold air intake,and a converter for it

89 Hoss 11-23-2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyInBlack (Post 136002)
I would say no real gains from the mufflers unless you do a whole catback and even then it will be negligible. I would say x pipe first. 4.10 or 3.73 gears, depending on how you drive. I would do the underdrives with a timing mod if they made them for the 3v. skip the cold air

Ditto from everything Lee and myself have read up on, you get very little gains in this new set up with a cold air if any. Do a tune and some sticky tires and it should be ok. The cold air if you want the look, I myself have thought about the steeda kit and tune. My car came with 3.55's and bone stock on 18's and street tires Lee drove it to a 13.7. We believe with stickys alone it should have a 13.5. From all the research we have done you with very minimal money you can get these in the high 12's pretty easy without spending a lot of cash. Not really sure on the automatics but there is a guy we work with who has the tune alone from Doug and he seems to love it.

89 Hoss 11-23-2007 08:18 PM

I am running the Mac axle back mufflers on mine, love the sound but they do get a little noisy inside the car. I am going to line my trunk with some sound deadener to quieten the cab down. In addition the mac fills up the area they have cut out for the pipes makes a really snug clean fit. Steeda springs also are pretty good addition especially if you are going to do some driving like at the dragon. If they start selling merchandise again I would advise the kenny brown springs though best riding springs I have ever owned myself.

QWKSNKE 11-23-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89 Hoss (Post 136022)
Ditto from everything Lee and myself have read up on, you get very little gains in this new set up with a cold air if any. Do a tune and some sticky tires and it should be ok. The cold air if you want the look, I myself have thought about the steeda kit and tune. My car came with 3.55's and bone stock on 18's and street tires Lee drove it to a 13.7. We believe with stickys alone it should have a 13.5. From all the research we have done you with very minimal money you can get these in the high 12's pretty easy without spending a lot of cash. Not really sure on the automatics but there is a guy we work with who has the tune alone from Doug and he seems to love it.

+1..

Do the tune before anything. Trust us. Its money well spent on the S197's

89 Hoss 11-24-2007 04:24 AM

As far as the set up I am running now I must say I did copy UGOTBIT, Lee was working on his car and I heard how it sounded and watched Lee put the springs on and ordered the same stuff the next week. Love the set up! Have you had any problems with your car, I have a 70,000 mile warranty and got some ideas floating around?

waypastcrazy 11-24-2007 10:27 PM

06 gt

I have had no problems at all with car.how much is a tune?

89 Hoss 11-25-2007 03:24 AM

http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...n_pak_s197.php

Here is a link, I know the numbers may be hard to believe but Lee called Steeda to verify that they were accurate.

89 Hoss 11-25-2007 03:26 AM

I really like the Steeda line of products because they have been tested and proven on these cars by Steeda which is a manufacturer for Ford. I guess somewhat like shelby but it seems Steeda's prices are a lot better!