StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8) (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   power adder advice!!! (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=10053)

quickfox87 08-20-2007 06:33 PM

power adder advice!!!

im about about to try and sell a 31 a model i have in the garage to further mod my 5.0. well here the question, what should i go with; centrifical supercharger, roots blower, or a twin turbo setup. i am presented with quite a problem here b/c i love the way the whine of a supercharger sounds yet also a loud ass blowoff valve is also a heavenly sound! my car is an automatic though so i don't know how well the blowoff would be, also i would like the power to be available on the bottomend as well as top end also. i also have a stock bottom end too.
whatever advice yall have about this would be greatly appreciated and i will also be on a budget ranging from about $2800 to $4000 depending on what i get for the a model!
Please help me decide!!!:pray:

qkjuicedpony 08-20-2007 06:46 PM

tell me more about the a model.....

TheJeanyus 08-20-2007 06:51 PM

I don't think $4000 will be enough for a TT setup. I'd go with a centrifugal from Vortech, ATI, or Paxton. They'll make more than enough power to send the stock rods into the oil pan without costing nearly as much a turbo setup. I'm not a fan of roots blowers on pushrod motors since they make good low end power already.

I don't recommend picking a power adder based on sound. Pick the one that best fits your application and budget.

beerformeplz 08-20-2007 07:08 PM

From the bottom to the top KB!

QWKSNKE 08-20-2007 07:13 PM

If you drive the car everyday or take extended trips in your 5.0, buy a single turbo kit.

Centri blower noise gets old after awhile. Trust me

coupe 08-20-2007 08:02 PM

:hmm: Yes, do tell more about the 31 Ford!

Would you be interested in trading for a turbo setup?
I've been looking for something like that.

email me pics (of the Ford): matt@specclutch.com

Craig K. 08-20-2007 08:04 PM

More about that 31 Ford!!!

I would go for the single turbo set up.

I don't think that twin set ups are that more efficient than a very well spec'ed out single set up.

qkjuicedpony 08-20-2007 08:24 PM

you 2 need to get in line:D:D

I would also do a single turbo.you can do a heads,cam and intake with a single 70mm turbo on a stock bottom end and make more than you will need

03slobra 08-20-2007 08:25 PM

How many miles does your bottom end have on it does it smoke or use oil,if so i would focus on that first.what about a nitrous kit:jester: or 2 :metal:

coupe 08-20-2007 08:34 PM

Let me clarify for you:
Quote:

Originally Posted by qkjuicedpony
tell me more about the a model.....

means "tell me more about the a model."

I, however, offered up interest in a possible trade. :D :poke: