StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Product Review (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Meguiars NXT Tech Wax... (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=4586)

DSkeet 12-21-2005 10:31 AM

Meguiars NXT Tech Wax...

This is some good stuff. I have tried alot of other stuff but this seems to do what it says it will. I have used Zymol, Meguiars Gold Class(my 2nd choice), and even that Turtle Wax platinum stuff. Now that I have a garage to keep the ol stang in I try to wax every 2-3 weeks just to give me something to do in the garage! Next I wanna try that Zaino wax. Lee, anyone? Anyone wanna let me borrow some and try it??? J/K

EZ SPEED 12-21-2005 12:14 PM

Re: Meguiars NXT Tech Wax...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSkeet
This is some good stuff. I have tried alot of other stuff but this seems to do what it says it will. I have used Zymol, Meguiars Gold Class(my 2nd choice), and even that Turtle Wax platinum stuff. Now that I have a garage to keep the ol stang in I try to wax every 2-3 weeks just to give me something to do in the garage! Next I wanna try that Zaino wax. Lee, anyone? Anyone wanna let me borrow some and try it??? J/K

Dont waste your time with Zaino, I was a die hard Zaino fanatic till I started using NXT....now I use NXT exclusively :metal:

I can get a better shine in about 1/5 of the time with the NXT over the Zaino

QWKSNKE 12-21-2005 12:14 PM

the nxt is a good wax if you have a garage to keep your car in.

Its worthless on our cars though. We don't have a garage. I think it last 2 weeks on the 93 when I used it this year.

Shell and I both like the Zaino BUT it is not a job you can complete in one day if you do multiple stages like we do

CrazyInBlack 12-21-2005 12:54 PM

i like it :nice:

DSkeet 12-21-2005 03:14 PM

I guess this weekend I will go ahead and do the 3 step on the 4Runner but instead of using the normal Meguiars wax as the final stage I will do the NXT. I expect big results!!

TheJeanyus 12-21-2005 04:17 PM

NXT lasts about a month for me. It shines great, but it really doesn't last long enough. I still use it though just because it's so easy to put on. I can get up a little early for a track meet or something and wash/wax the car before I go. :bling:

FastRedPonyCar 01-23-2006 08:51 AM

I use NTX also. I've tried quite a few popular off the shelf brands like the meguiars 3 step wax, eagle one nano wax, zaino, meguiars gold, turtle wax, etc.

NTX is the only one that doesn't leave that residue all over the rag and powder up when wiping it off. I can do my whole car with 2 rags. One for applying it and one to remove it.

It doesn't last quite as long as the meguiars 3 step wax but then again, it also doesn't take 3 hours to apply and when it is on, there's virtually no difference that I can see so it's not worth the extra time and effort IMO. I also found that using the meguiars quick detailer after each wash GREALTY prolongs the shine and silkeness.

This was after a wash, and NTX. Excuse me while I go cry...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../Tech_Waxd.jpg

TheJeanyus 01-23-2006 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
I also found that using the meguiars quick detailer after each wash GREALTY prolongs the shine and silkeness.

:werd: I swear by that stuff.

NO2MORO 01-25-2006 10:47 AM

I love the NTX wax. The only problem is that all the stores in my area are discontuning the wax. So if you see it on the clereance isle of wal mart you better buy up what you can.

I found that the wax works best on cars with a Metalic paint job. It creates a 3D image with the metalic flakes of the paint.

banditmwp 01-26-2006 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO2MORO
I love the NTX wax. The only problem is that all the stores in my area are discontuning the wax. So if you see it on the clereance isle of wal mart you better buy up what you can.

I found that the wax works best on cars with a Metalic paint job. It creates a 3D image with the metalic flakes of the paint.

:think:

I haven't heard anything about us (O'Reilly Auto Parts) dropping the NXT line.