StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Tweecer (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Anyone running a wideband (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=597)

93Cobra#2771 01-21-2005 01:38 PM

Anyone running a wideband

If so, what kind/which model?

Sendero 01-21-2005 02:12 PM

Re: Anyone running a wideband

Nope, not yet. But I am looking at the PLX model.

93Cobra#2771 01-21-2005 02:22 PM

I'm looking at PLX and Zeitronix, myself. And datalogging throught the Tweecer R/T, of course.

I'm really diggin' the Zeitronix display, though. Looks pretty spiffy, and much smallery than the PLX unit. Course, don't even have to have the display, could just do straight datalogging, but gotta have a little bling...

Sendero 01-21-2005 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93Cobra#2771
I'm looking at PLX and Zeitronix, myself. And datalogging throught the Tweecer R/T, of course.

I'm really diggin' the Zeitronix display, though. Looks pretty spiffy, and much smallery than the PLX unit. Course, don't even have to have the display, could just do straight datalogging, but gotta have a little bling...

I never could get a straight if the Zeltronics worked with the R/T Datalogger. Do you have any info because I like display too!

93Cobra#2771 01-21-2005 02:51 PM

http://tweecer.oplnk.net/viewtopic.php?t=3083

93Cobra#2771 01-21-2005 02:53 PM

I really like the zeitronix display - looks like it would fit right up to the cubbyhole below my radio. The PLX doesn't look like it would fit there without sticking out too far...

QWKSNKE 01-21-2005 03:07 PM

I won a wideband setup at a event this past year. Unfortunately I never received it. :mad:

Wicked 01-21-2005 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93Cobra#2771
I really like the zeitronix display - looks like it would fit right up to the cubbyhole below my radio. The PLX doesn't look like it would fit there without sticking out too far...

As small as the Zeitronix display is it would be hard to read real time. The bigger display would be better to watch out of the corner of your eye. I like the analog gage that comes with the Wideband Commander for that purpose.

I also like both the units you listed for logging purposes.

I would prefer something that used the NTK sensors as I can get those babies for free.

Italian LX 01-21-2005 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked
I like the analog gage that comes with the Wideband Commander for that purpose.

Analog meters are great for keeping real time tabs on your tune. But just because a particular brand of WB doesn't have an analog meter, doesn't mean you can't have the option.

Since the narrow-band output of any wide-band O2 mimics the voltage of your stock sensors, you can actually use it to run an AutoMeter AF guage. Since this output is more precise than the factory O2's, the AutoMeter guage is no longer just a "light show" and becomes a usable "at a glance" AF diagnostic meter. :nice:

Wicked 01-21-2005 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italian LX
Analog meters are great for keeping real time tabs on your tune. But just because a particular brand of WB doesn't have an analog meter, doesn't mean you can't have the option.

Since the narrow-band output of any wide-band O2 mimics the voltage of your stock sensors, you can actually use it to run an AutoMeter AF guage. Since this output is more precise than the factory O2's, the AutoMeter guage is no longer just a "light show" and becomes a usable "at a glance" AF diagnostic meter. :nice:

Yeah I know what you mean...i was just saying the analog is easier to read in your peripheral vision. But yeah, I have seen the analog output for the autometer a/f gage. I had saved up for one of these things at one point then had to pay some bills.