StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Interior, Sound, and Shine (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Need Help! (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=3125)

5.0blackbrd 07-31-2005 06:16 PM

Need Help!

Does anyone know someone who is really good at buffing out and waxing cars?
If I can find someone,i I will use them regularly, because I suck at waxing. I just seem to have the worst of luck getting a nice shiny finish. :banghead::banghead:

QWKSNKE 07-31-2005 06:18 PM

Re: Need Help!

What wax are you using and what problems have you been having?

5.0blackbrd 07-31-2005 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
What wax are you using and what problems have you been having?

Well I was using some Meguiars ScratchX to try and get some water spots off the roof of my Tbird. When I went to wipe it off the ScratchX wouldn't come off! The majority of it would but there were still palces that wouldn't wipe off.
I don't know what I did wrong. I only let it dry maybe 1 minute.

TheJeanyus 07-31-2005 07:55 PM

Did you have it sitting in the sun?

5.0blackbrd 07-31-2005 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJeanyus
Did you have it sitting in the sun?

No it was in the shade, had been in the shade about 4 hours. The roof was not hot to touch.

QWKSNKE 08-01-2005 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5.0blackbrd
Well I was using some Meguiars ScratchX to try and get some water spots off the roof of my Tbird. When I went to wipe it off the ScratchX wouldn't come off! The majority of it would but there were still palces that wouldn't wipe off.
I don't know what I did wrong. I only let it dry maybe 1 minute.

Did it leave a residue? Is that a liquid application or paste?

5.0blackbrd 08-01-2005 07:15 PM

Quote:

Did it leave a residue? Is that a liquid application or paste?

It comes in a tube, but it is kind of thick, between a paste and a liquid. It did leave a residue and most of it came off, but there were some stubborn spots. I used some Meguiars Detail Spray on it this evening and the rest came off, but the water spots are still there. I'm kind of in a bad situation, not having a garage. I try to keep a cover on it most of the time. The one I have is pretty good and is 99% waterproof. A little gets in through the stitching. But if I drive the car and it rains, I don't put the cover back on until I can wash it good. Can anyone recommend any good cleaners and waxes, besides Zaino. Too expensive. I need something I don't have to work at to get it off.

Mike Donley

QWKSNKE 08-01-2005 08:11 PM

Wax will not remove water spots. You will have to clay bar the area then wax. We run into this with Shelly's convertible

TheJeanyus 08-01-2005 08:27 PM

Quote:

Wax will not remove water spots. You will have to clay bar the area then wax. We run into this with Shelly's convertible

Meguiar's Scratch X isn't a wax, either. It's more like a polish to polish out fine scratches.

QWKSNKE 08-01-2005 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJeanyus
Meguiar's Scratch X isn't a wax, either. It's more like a polish to polish out fine scratches.

ahhhhh