StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Tweecer (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   96 cobra and tweecer rt (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=7597)

broken_joke 10-05-2006 08:26 PM

96 cobra and tweecer rt

i have the tweecer rt from a previous car (95 gt) and want to use it for the cobra. i noticed the sticky about inlet air temps/engine coolant temps. is the tuning similar for these cars? i ran through the base tune just to see and some of the functions/scalars/tables are similar. what would be some good first suggested tuning areas?
thanks
jake

Sendero 10-05-2006 08:54 PM

What processor/strategy is your Cobra? My LLX3/CDAN4 went from 273rwhp to 285rwhp by just swapping in the AOL3 fuel and spark maps. Playing with my stock MAF transfer I squeezed out four more RWHP before I stopped tuning on the Cobra.

broken_joke 10-06-2006 07:19 AM

i have the llx3/cdan4. you gained that much going to the aol3 spark/fuel maps! i will have to take a look at that file. i would imagine i need to get flow/volt #'s from c&l to input also for the maf. also did you ever use the sealevel load scaling on your cobra?
thanks
jake

Sendero 10-06-2006 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broken_joke (Post 100140)
i have the llx3/cdan4. you gained that much going to the aol3 spark/fuel maps! i will have to take a look at that file. i would imagine i need to get flow/volt #'s from c&l to input also for the maf.

Be careful with the C&L. I had the full kit (MAF, Tru-Flow Pipe, etc) and I had an issue with decel-stalling. When I was coming to a stop and let the throttle close all the way, the car would stall. It didn't do it with the stock MAF, but did it frequently with the C&L. Swapped back and forth a couple of times and it always stopped with C&L. I've found that the flow rating on the Ford MAF is greater than a N/A Cobra motor could ingest anyway, so I bought a Wideband and played with leaning out the fuel maps.

Quote:

also did you ever use the sealevel load scaling on your cobra?
thanks
jake
No, I just set all my Adaptive cells to 10 and let the car learn real-time.

broken_joke 10-06-2006 05:29 PM

i got the c&l kit for 100 bucks (meter,housing,filter,inlet pipe).so i figured i'd give it a whirl. i haven't installed the tweecer yet, i'll probably do it this weekend. but i will look out for the stalling at decel.
thanks
jake

broken_joke 10-06-2006 11:11 PM

i installed the tweecer and used a aol3/crajo file i got off yahoo group for comparison. i used the spark files and that was it pretty much. man, this thing hauls now! it is a night and day comparison from the xcal2 tune! also no stalling either so far.

broken_joke 10-09-2006 12:02 PM

maf transfer

i have a flow sheet for the c&l and i tried to input it in and when i came back to the screen it looked like a bunch of squiggly lines? i am using a10 is that the problem? or can you not adjust this function?
also at what point do you need to bump to a larger inj for the mod motors? i have a set of 30#'s sitting around.
thanks
jake

Sendero 10-09-2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broken_joke (Post 100315)
i have a flow sheet for the c&l and i tried to input it in and when i came back to the screen it looked like a bunch of squiggly lines? i am using a10 is that the problem? or can you not adjust this function?

FWIW, I never got my C&L right. Even with the published transfer information. You may be on your own there, but keep in mind that the C&L's were setup to use the stock MAF transfer and "trick" the ECU into leaning out the motor.

Quote:

also at what point do you need to bump to a larger inj for the mod motors? i have a set of 30#'s sitting around.
thanks
jake
When you get boost. 24lbs (which are stock) are plenty for the N/A motor.

broken_joke 10-16-2006 05:33 PM

every time i try to change the maf values the curve comes out like someones scribbled lines everywhere? do i need to convert the flow sheet from the xx.xxxe-5 numbers to something else? or is ther something in the scalars to allow me to manipulate the curve? i am using 1.30a version.
thanks
jake

Cougar5.0 10-23-2006 11:50 PM

C&L is like any other MAF - measures airflow. Not sure what all this C&L talk is about as many hundreds of people run them just fine. Mine car runs like a stock car even though it has a cam, 80mm C&L, 85mm TB (big TB's are a nightmare to tune) & a supercharger with H2O injection. I would never go and blame my lack of tuning skills on the air meter.