View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
94five0
S-6 Mafia

Location: above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley.
TSB on 03 Alternator?

heres the skinny, friday i wound up dead in the water at my stepdads house.. coming down the street, the stereo flickered and shut off..but then it came back on..not a minute later, i pull in the driveway and shut her off. get back in it couple minutes later, turn the key.. nothin. pop the hood. check all the culprits..nothin..so i try again, nothin.. dead battery i fiqure, pull off the old one and it's a stocker motorcraft that came with the car..I figure it's ran its course and is jus gone..no biggy, take her to test and it's gone.. swap her out the next mornin, purrs like a kitten, fine and dandy, away we go..

today, i get in the cobra and am off to do the errands. Nothins weird but same thing happend today. stereo flickerd, shut off and then the car just started hunting an surging, finally died..jumped it off and made it back home, but the car shut off very soon after i got in the driveway.

i'm guessing its the alt- cause the battery is brand new(less than a week)
full tank..haven't ran it since saturday but a brand new battery should be able to turn over easy..

any keyboard mechanics see anything wrong with my prognosis?