View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #23
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8IMPORTS View Post
I know my heads need to be bigger. I bought the complete motor and trans in a running car for 1500. Sold the body and int for a 1000.00. So I basicly only have 250.00 in a DSS 308, X303 cam, Windsor j/r heads and 250 in a T5 trans for my wifes car. lol I basiclly want a car as far as I can get it for what little money I have. (just like everybody else) The heads are one ones I have and don't have money for more and can't afford to get them ported right now. So all I can do now is just swap intakes. I plan on selling my race car and my GT car so I can put more money in this car and then I can go with better heads or port mine. But I agree I need better heads just can't afford them right now.

Thats good to know. I have a F303 I thought about putting in here but haven't yet. My old blue coupe had a F303 in it and I loved it but of course I had Edelbrock performers on it with a little 306.
The point that coupe and I both are making is... Use the intake that is more suited to the rpm range of your cam and heads. It really would be foolish to put a short runner intake on those heads and cam because you are losing potiential power at a lower rpm and gaining nothing where the rpm is best at You definitely want an intake with longer runners than what the victor offers with the current setup
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote