View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 04:00 PM   #17
Wicked
Friends

Send a message via AIM to Wicked
Re: PCV Delete...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrbullit
Not trying to highjack or get any fires going here but If the PCV does not use vacuum, then how come when you remove the valve with the car running and place your finger over the valve hole there is enough vacuum to suck your finger to the hole?
Tommy,
I'm not saying it doesn't use a vacuum source, i am saying the crankcase is not under negative pressure. It only uses to vacuum source to create an airflow....thats why they call it ventilation.
Yes, if you disconnect the "high" side and feel the hole it will create a vacuum, but that side is not normally plugged. It is open to your metered air source BEFORE your throttle body. I tried plugging the pass. side and leaving the driver side hooked up to the vacuum but the engine vacuum cause some of my seals on the front of the motor to start "singing" as they created vacuum leaks.

As far as how to run a drainback, you could always connect a hose to your dipstick tube.

And I found out about the vacuum pump for ring sealing in racing. The general rule is a max of 12 inches of mercury...more than that and you need special seals, specifically intake end seals or you will suck them in...they sale valves to limit vacuum in the crankcase. He said his normally reads 3 inches or so, but 0 at WOT.

Work Car:
2005 Honda Odyssey
400 whp Turbo V6, 6-speed, full cage, H&R Suspension, Brembo Brakes
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote