View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 04:45 AM   #17
sailorbob

Re: Lambse.. Explain

You're right about needing to change the lambda sensor for a wideband that could run from 10:1 to say straight air (the 29.82:1 is a software limitation).

The software side of things gets more complicated with two things required, firstly where ever the eec is setting for stoichiometric then you need to adjust this for your new desired AF ratio (as an aside, Ford do this on my turbo ecu for some of the self tests and run a AF ratio of 13.97:1 instead of the 14.64:1 I've seen on normally aspirated ecu's and the software must do some adaptive learing inhibiting to maintain it). The second software change is to cope with the different output from the wideband either by rescaling for the wider voltage or adjusting for a simulated narrow band output and accepting for the loss of resolution.

I'm not saying this is particulary easy but it could be done. Dale, I recall reading somewhere a long time ago about someone who rewrote part of the A9L code to use a wideband sensor through the egr input which I guess was for open loop tuning.
sailorbob is offline   Reply With Quote