View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #12
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncontt View Post
Thanks Edgar. Ya, I also tried the ARP's with the 5/16" head and they worked well, but some of my bolt holes are a bit "tired" and the 1" length makes them a bit "iffy" when tightening them.

Thanks again...I am on the right track but it's these little things that piss you off like you said! Hang in there, hot rods can't all run like your stang!! :-)

Well we took it apart, 2-3 servo was junk and the hard plastic went through the valve body. The overdrive servo had the half of the snap ring out of the groove and the pin of the servo broke off, how??? We don't know. The planetary drum and what ever gear is that joins were both welded to each other, this tranny got REAL hot to do that. The Kevlar overdrive band is fried, but most of the clutches were fine not burn just a bit hot. We are freshening it up completely and the Throttle control cable was crack at the throttle mounting bracket at the throttle. This the reason of the car jerking back and forth. Had to order the the tranny cable which Ford does not sell anymore. So had to call MPS in GA to get a use one which cost 100.00 bucks!!!!

Edgar
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote