Thread: Tuning issues
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #8
Cougar5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt90stang View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I have both Spark advance vs ACT functions pulling 10* at 254*F, so it really only sees about 21* max and less as it heats up.

Both C&Ls that I have used (73mm & 76mm) required tweeking the MAF curve with a WB02 and I now am seeing some strange pull back areas (not huge) that are noticable in the MAF, MPH and RPM plots at WOT. These are probably due to the C&L MAF. Anybody else try the tuner tube in the 76mm C&L MAF with 42# injectors?

Don

I'm using it with the 80mm MAF - don't see why it would work differently with a 76mm. A lot of people don't even know about the tube yet. It pulls air from the bottom of the tube near the middle of the meter so it is more resistant to back-pulses and bends in the piping before and after the meter (the main problem people have with meters is they've changed the intake tubing). Even the STOCK A9L programming has several places where AFR was modified @ WOT (OL), so since even Ford with their little 60mm meter couldn't get it perfect, the idea that any meter could be perfect is some bizarre internet fantasy. If you were a mechanical engineer or had read about meters as much as I have you would realize that 99.99% of the people on the internet haven't the foggiest notion about airflow meters.
Cougar5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote