Thread: Tuning issues
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 11:19 AM   #10
Cougar5.0

If it can't be cleaned up with a tuner, then the electronics are bad/got damaged/are dirty. I have two sets of electronics so I was able to verify that one set was indeed bad. Having used two different diameter tubes (76 & 80mm) and 5 different sample tubes (clear, black, red, blue, and Tuner), S/C & N/A, I can verify that the meters have no inherent issues with being tuned. If the meter has a bend immediately before or after it, then all bets are off - but this is common sense stuff. Here is a post that discusses all this stuff. I love his description of a ProM Bullet meter:

Quote:
The Bullet is for all intents and purposes is a ****ing fluted exhaust pipe with a molded plastic "sampling tube" with a draw-through slot cut in the back of it shoved into the pipe.
Read the whole post here -->http://forums.corner-carvers.com/showthread.php?t=8535

I could point to a dozen folks who have cursed to high heaven using a ProM or PMAS meter, so examples of people who can't or refuse to tune properly or give up after 2 days are a dime a dozen...

Last edited by Cougar5.0; 07-08-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Cougar5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote