View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
Cougar5.0

Re: Torque Truncation Table?

I am using the TTNOV to remove timing in first gear to make 1st usable. I'm also hoping to dial in the timing removal vs RPM & load to get a perfect launch using a KB at the track - will find out soon as I already have the tunes on different switch positions on my Tweecer (I hate April showers). I'm using the TunerPro editor to create a program with the proper TTNOV multiplier. The default TTNOV in A9L is 255 - but even that is deceptive as I have learned (through trial and error) that the multiplier for this function is 4. So the A9L default is actually 1020 making the function irrelevant. My current TTNOV is 160 (40) with tremec & 3.73's - it works like a charm though it still takes some getting used to as I'm pulling a full 10 degrees of timing at torque peak! It's like two different motors when shifting from 1st to second. If I can just get the torque to apply properly to keep the tires on the edge of traction I should be able to achieve some stunning launches. I feel like I devulging a big secret here - maybe I'll self destruct this post in 2 days
Cougar5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote