View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #19
Dale McPeters
5.0 Block/Walnut Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditmwp View Post
Dale would you recommend the QH to someone new to tuning or would you recommend a different unit?
That depends on how much time you are willing to spend learning the hardware/software....

It really is no different than what we used to do with a carb and dist. setup in some ways except now you are doing it on a key board.

If you just want something that you push buttons on that give you +/- settings then the QH is not for you....but if you want to have total absolute control of the EEC-IV then the QH is the only option there is....next would be the TwEECer-RT. And now that Byron is not making the SneeC-IV any more these are the only two options for data logging the EEC-IV.

Unless of course you want to use a dataq or innovative setup for data logging only.

One thing to remember the QH is the only hardware to date that will give you real time tuning/logging while the car is running on an EEC-IV...it works similar to my AEM or a Fast unit. But you do not have WB feed back for tuning.

Paul is supposed to send me an update for real time table tracing of spark and fuel....

In other words you will have to make the decision on how much you want to learn and how much time you are willing to devote to something like the QH.

-Dale

Last edited by Dale McPeters; 04-03-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: can not spell and do not know english as my secound language...:D
Dale McPeters is offline   Reply With Quote