View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 10:20 AM   #35
Cougar5.0

Re: New Binary Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbob
I pretty much 100% sure than the address 0x9448 is correct because the code does this:
if rpm >= (Average speed * RPM to MPH Ratio for First Gear) than (rpm / 2) then skip Torque Reduction Table lookup
OK, so that's the logical operation that decides whether to use FN1119 (Torque Reduction Table) if RPM is greater than or equal to VSBAR (average speed) * TTNOV (RPM to MPH ratio for first gear).

And you're saying that the scalar value for TTNOV is contained at 0x9448 which is great!

I just want to verify why the definition for A9L (TunerPro) created by Clint lists P_7448 (which is equivalent to 0x9448 - no?) as Idle Spark Multiplier - SPKMUL the default value FF (x/256) - is calculated at 1.00. The definition file on the TunerPro page lists 9448 (hex) with a value of B4 or 180 but no Item Name. But for some reason, not a single default value makes any sense when I use the new definition on the TunerPro page (dated 1/23) - perhaps someone can tell me what I have to do to correct this since now the hex addresses read 9xxx etc but the bin values are nonsense. I'm sure it's something simple that us non-digital engineers don't know. I see a note about "padding" the file by 8k to make it 64k - don't know how to do this...

Edit:

OK, I did a "base offset" of -2000 (hex) and that seemed to realign things (which aligns with the 8k "padding" - why not set up the header like this - or is the header independant of the "def" file?). Was that the right way to fix the issue and can someone explain "base offset"?

This number may not need a multiplier. 255 would tend to disable the function since you would need 6.30:1 gears with a T5 to have it kick in - lol. Now if it's x/2, then it would just kick-in with a T5 & 2.73's (or bigger). I guess I'll be doing some experimenting!

If anyone's curious, I'm trying to figure out how to help me launch at the track & eliminate tire spin with a PD blower...
Cougar5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote