View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #20
Doc_G
Lurker Extraordinare

Send a message via AIM to Doc_G
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamerman View Post
haha well they said if they put a tubro in it or supercharge it u spend about 5k and get like 315 hp (witch to me sounds like alot) and they said that if u do a motor swap its like 200hp but the motor swap i think is the way to go after doing weeks of research lol. ill post some pix of my mustang. (the on with the nice body kit isnt mine but i want mine to look like that ) SOON VERY SOON it will

www.3.7mustang.com
www.v6power.net
the v6 mustang enthusiast's 2 best friends.

I've done a supercoupe swap on my old 95 sixxer. I ended up with 277 rwhp and 318 rwtq through a set of home ported heads and blower, custom cam, roller rockers, long tubes, and a J-Modded AODE.

After adding a 75 shot (for intake cooling purposes ) I dyno'd @ 335 rwhp and 375 rwtq. I do not know if I still have the dyno sheets, but the car was a blast to drive (for the little time I owned it afterwards) and put more than one heavy chevy to shame, along w/some mustangs and chargers/magnums.

Being that you're split port (as opposed to single port 94-95's) you have MANY options that were not open to me. I was into my engine and tranny set up for around 1500.00 not counting tuning. ALOT of people will tell you that the 7.5 rear is junk. Mine held up fine, but I will say it was already built when I got the car. It had a set of Ford Racing 3:73's, install kit and rear end girdle.

This time, I'm just going to swap in a v8. For around the same price, I'll have similar results with MUCH more potential.

In summary it's all in what you want to do.

95 GT
Doc_G is offline   Reply With Quote