View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

So I was thinking today...

Anybody ever run dual tuners?

Reason I ask is that while I like all the nice features that a PMS has (standalone mode at WOT, built in 2-step, nitrous controls, boost tables, etc) I hate that it can do nothing for general streetability. In other words there is no dialing in the MAF curve, no idle jump for when the a/c is on, and so forth. You are running on the stock EEC below certain parameters.

What if you ran the PMS and the tweecer? You could dial in your MAF curve and make fuel adjustments for around town driving and economy and let the PMS kick in during any WOT pulls. (standalone turns off the EEC at a certain tps voltage and rpm)
I will one of these days have a turbo on the cobra and would love to keep the benefit of the PMS since it can read boost and I already have everything I need for it to.

Yeah I could just run a tweecer only and buy a MSD BTM box but hell, the BTM is the same price as a used tweecer.

Is there anyway to test the standalone processor in the PMS to see if it really makes the difference at the track is claimed?
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote