View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #12
waypastcrazy
ADDICTED TO SMALL BLOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
That is exactly why I asked that question. Seems to me it would be hard to 'tune' a carb car without measuring AFR or exhaust temps on each cylinder. Based off the carb intakes I have been around it seems like it would be real easy to either have the cyls 1,4,5,& 8 to lean or to fat when trying to balance out your power per cylinder.

Is it safe for me to assume that on your standard single carb setup that cylinder a/f mixture will never be balanced because of the typical intake design?
yes i agree.that is why it is important to blue print everything else. if you dont then the cylinders that are off would be magnified even more so.most power would be made by taking the leanest cylinder and getting it as close to stoich as possible this would give the smoothest operating hp.details details makes it fun to play.i beleive that the taller the plenum the more consistent a carb setup is.just wish i had the dough to efi my little motor.guess i will have to settle for one tall arse intake.lol makes for good chat though.ps i do know of 2 porters that get the runners within a few cfm though.$$$$$$$$$$$
NORTH EAST ALABAMA STANGS
waypastcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote