View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #1
Craig K.
Nothing new here

New car for Krass Racing

As some of you know my brother has several historically significant road race cars, including one of the 50th anniversary C5-R’s, Cadillac LMP1, Panoz LMP1, and several others most of which have some level of LeMans racing history.

Well I was able to assist in a mutually agreed upon deal between KIA Motors manufacturing of Georgia and Krass Racing to be able to get the KIA Pirelli World challenge Optima GTS car.
From what I know there were three of these cars built, two originally, then when one car was wreck a third car was built which ran in 2014 and 2015. That’s the car that Krass Racing now has. I do not know what happened to the other race car when KIA pulled out at the end of 2015.
The plan is to complete a race ready restoration over the next couple of years then run it in Vintage Racing.
These cars in my opinion are significant because they were Korea’s first major road race campaign car and they won a world championship in 2014, as well as many podium finishes against Mustangs, Camaros, Aston Martins and Porches.

I’ll try to post some pics of it once I figure out how to compress the size
2011 KIA Optima GTS
Craig K. is offline   Reply With Quote