View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 04:53 AM   #2
EZ SPEED
Friends

I forgot to mention that while the truck was down for the past 16 months, I had the hood repainted, rear side steps repainted, and installed a roll pan.
In addition to powder coating everything on the engine, I also added a JLP Intercooler tank (polished it myself), Canton sheetmetal radiator overflow tank (polished it myself), and a Canton sheetmetal power steering tank.
I installed SPAL dual 14” electric fans in front of the radiator controlled by a DC fan controller, and SPAL 6.5” fans on the heat exchanger , and even painted “Lightning” on the backside of the radiator so that it can be seen from the engine compartment.
I also installed a Moroso aluminum sheetmetal transmission pan, relocated my Optima battery to underneath the bed along with adding an alternator shutdown relay and a master on/off switch.
I also moved a lot of the wiring harnesses to inside the fenders, moved all the wiring / relays off the firewall, replumbed the intercooler lines with AN fittings and push-loc hose, bent up new lines for the brakes while deleting the ABS and moved my line-lock to down on the frame. I also cleaned and painted the frame from the front bumper to the transmission crossmember. I completely deleted the rest of the EGR stuff, deleted the EVAP stuff, and deleted the troublesome PCV stuff.
I painted the master cylinder and brake booster with hammertone paint.

There are still a few details that I want to work on before its perfect, but its getting closer everyday. I have all the pieces to do the console / bucket seat conversion waiting for me to start that project also.

As soon as I can get the motor broken in ( my machine shop guy made me promise no boost till after 500 miles, he knows that I usually break them in as I drive them . . .WOT . . .ha ha ha) then it will be time to visit the dyno. I hope to have both of my Lightnings ready for the Dyno in the next 4-5 weeks.