View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #16
coupe
Super Moderator

QWK's right. The C4 will not last. It works in Renegade, but those cars do not make torque like twin turbos will have. And they rebuild them all the time. Get a glide or a TH400. Turbos like the converter...will be easier to do what you want on the track.

I always say the only thing better than a turbocharged engine is a BIG turbocharged engine. If you must go mod-motor, use the 5.4 and go with the 4V heads. They're awesome and flow like gangbusters out of the box.

What you want to do is not that tall of an order. I would strongly suggest looking on www.nmraracing.com under the classified forums. There are always real-nice partially finished cars that would save you alot of time and money. That gets the headache out of the way for chassis certification and all the time and fab work invoved. If you simply must build it from scratch, there are several shops who do good work. I will throw www.teamzmotorsports.net in the mix. Dave Z. is awesome and does great work.

If you want to keep it simple, I have a couple good recipies for you. We did a single 88mm turbo on a 347 motor (built to the tits) in a stock-style suspension fox. Car is pretty sneaky and goes 5.30's and .40's quite nicely. Big Stuff 3 is on it and I highly recommend it.

You mentioned DFI (Accel) and it works, but there are fewer good tuners of that system...Dan Millen and Job Spetter are the ones I can think of. FAST has a tuner at just about every dyno. I have a FAST and can help out if you get one. It's a good system too. If you want the best, and can spend the money (not needed with what you're doing), then the MOTEC is nice. $$Real nice$$.

There you have it

Last edited by coupe; 01-21-2008 at 08:12 PM.
coupe is offline   Reply With Quote