View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #27
TheJeanyus
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTkitten View Post
It might just be silly me here, but I can't get excited over the clay bar. Could it be because my car is white? It seems to be alot of work to me...and I just don't get that much out of it. I need to find a wonder product because I have a serious bug/chipping problem on the front bumper. I kinda decided that I would just use that debug stuff and scrub it with my little mit and then when it bothered me badly enough I would just have the stupid thing painted.

Oh...and very nice work on the washing/detailing. Car is seriously clean!
White cars are easier to clean up. I remember my white '98 GT looked clean even when it was dirty.

Clar bars won't help with bugs and chips. Their primary purpose is to remove oxidation and old wax residue that is causing the paint to look dull. Cars that are driven are just going to get chips in the bumper, side skirts, and any part that sticks out from the rest of the car (such as the side scoops on my Cobra that look like they've been in a war). As much as it probably bothers you on a white car, just be glad it isn't a darker color where every little flaw stands out like a sore thumb.
TheJeanyus is offline   Reply With Quote