View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 08:24 PM   #29
FastRedPonyCar
They call me CrazyFingers

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
There's no real fix for oranging headlamps. There is some homebrew vinegar mixture floating around that's supposed to remove it or lessen it but I've heard it doesn't work worth a crap and makes your car stink like vinegar after the headlight heats up the residue it leaves behind.

Anyways, no claybar is not exiciting by any means but it is quite necessary to get that absolute mirror polish look. After you claybar (and before wax) you can run your hand across the paint and it's like running your hand across glass. No little dirt or dust particles at all. It also removes dirt and old wax from the microscopic holes and pores in the paint and clear coat so that when you go over it with wax after claybar, the wax can fill in those holes and pores and protect the paint. If not, you run the risk of the paint chipping from lack of that protection.

www.griotsgarage.com is where I've bought most of my detailers stuff from. It's some of the best that money can buy and worth EVERY PENNY. It's more expensive than the meguiars and mothers stuff at autozone and until you use the different kinds, you really won't fully appreiciate the more expensive stuff. They do make it a bit easier and simpler to buy stuff becuase they put a lot of the key products into package deals depending on what you want to do. Like paint repair kits, clay bar kits, show kits, interior kits, etc.

I'm just glad the car doesn't have to be waxed but about 5 times a year. It's a good 4 or 5 hour job. Just axe Luke.

2017 Dodge Charger ScatPack 392

2016 Mazda CX9 Signature Edition - Hers

1999 Volvo S70 T5 - Un-killable beater (Always for sale)

Last edited by FastRedPonyCar; 10-10-2006 at 08:26 PM.
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote