View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #5
SlowJoe
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by waypastcrazy View Post
a few variables come into play here alot depends on the blue print of the engine such as is block sqaured decked is is engine set up for quench aluminum vs cast heads are all the chambers cc'd the exact, are all injectors performing exact same,valve adjustments, ring gaps,are intake runners flowing exact same etc etc. one misconception is sometimes or alot of the time when afr is set at the perfect stoich the engine will mis or vibrate and people think it is detonation when in reality it is opposite cylinders are making different amounts of power that is one of the reasons you will see tuners run to the rich side to smooth things out. as such was learned from airplane techs way back when.lol it takes alot of careful machining and planning to produce an engine that will run at or near perfect stoich. one key tool would be to have a sensor on each individual cylinder.lada da da da da! enough said for now.but it is good to know the stoich of each fuel as such to get as close as possible and still run smooth. but what do i know?jmo.lmao budlight time. brain needs a break.
so i could lean on mine a little more with vp110
WTB 1955 t-bird project
SlowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote