View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 10:12 AM   #9
99LS1
*WWIP* Saving for Evo XXI

Re: How to hook up my LM-1 wideband to my Tweecer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86GT
I have a PLX device hooked up to the EVP sensor input. The LM-1 can also be hooked up the same way. You have to take the LM-1 output wire (0-5 vdc) and hook it up to the Brown with green striped wire.

I personally did not want to cut or splice into the factory wire loom, so I cut the end off one of my old O2 sensors connectors. It has the same connector style as the EVP. I the routed the PLX controller wire out to the EVP location and soldered the wire to the cut O2 sensor connector.

Now All I have to do it plug in either the EVP or the WB. It works great. You will then need to set the "EGR System Type" in the scalars section to 2. You will then need to build a payload that has the DIYWB enabled. Now in Cal Con you will need to go to the setup tab and select the correct WB transfer file. You will also need to select 'WB' in the second combo box.

That is it.

When you say the EVP, what is that? Is that the wire that sends the narrowband output to the ecu on the o2 sensor harness? I also don't want to hack the factory ECU and your idea sounds better.

http://www.plxdevices.com/AppNotes/PLXApp004.pdf

But does it matter where you splice into? I think I read on a couple different wideband sites that they prefer you to get as close to the ECU as you can.

Where'd you power the plx unit if you didn't tap into the ECU? And did you install the resistors on the o2 heater power/ground wires?