View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 03:46 PM   #10
86GT

Re: How to hook up my LM-1 wideband to my Tweecer?

The EVP is the EGR valve position sensor. It is mounted to the back of the EGR. My PLX came with a controller and a digital guage. I also have replace all of my dash guages with AutoMeter guages. I then mounted the PLX controller behind the dash and used the power from the factory dash. This allowed the PLX controller and guage to be fused with the dash.

My new Autometer guages are all electronic therefore I did not need the spedo cable. I used the speedo cable hole in the fire wall to run the PLX controller wire out to the EVP signal return. It worked out rather nicley.

I thought about running the PLX controller wire straight over to the EEC and solder on a new pin. This would allow me to just swap pin without cutting the factory EVP pin. I then took this one step further. California has the most strick smog requirements. This is why I chose to run the wire through the firewall and to the EVP sensor. This way when it comes to smoging the car it is simply a plug in type deal. All I have to do is unplug the PLX and plug in the EVP, then make the changes in the tune to re-enable the EGR stuff.

For that matter I have three tunes in the tweecer. One for smog one for performance and one to disable the car.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote